Let's face it the WordPress so called Visual or WYSIWYG editor is weaker than a wet paper bag. It's super limited unless all you care about are some basic editing features such as bold, underline, etc. But what's a blogger to use when you want to
What Is Thrive Content Builder?
It’s a WordPress Plugin created by the good folks of Thrive Themes, that makes it easy to edit your posts and pages with drag and drop functionality. You can easily add elements to a page and drag it around to exactly where you want in a post and page. Whereas with the current WordPress visual editor you don’t have that same flexibility or control. It also provides you the ability to add elements that aren’t built into the WordPress editor like creating tables, star ratings, lead generation forms, landing pages and more. This will make more sense when you watch the video below.
If you ever found that the WordPress visual editor was just too rigid then the content builder will be a welcomed alternative. For those of you who used Microsoft’s FrontPage web page editor, then this plugin makes WordPress pages and posts work the same way.
How Does The Thrive Content Builder Work?
Don’t worry it’s very easy to use and intuitive. If you already know how to use the WordPress Visual editor, you’ll be able to easily use the content builder plugin. But I’ll walk you through the steps below.
Step 1: Install and activate the premium content builder plugin on your WordPress blog.
Step 2: Create a new page or post.
Step 3: Click on the content builder button.
Step 4: Drag and drop any element you want to use on your page.
Step 5: Click on element to edit the text, image, margins, size, color, etc.
Step 6: Save your changes.
Step 7: Publish your post or page.
Watch the video below to see how to use the content builder and what it can do!
Thrive Content Builder Features
- Fully Responsive.
- Create templates that can be used over and over again.
- Create call to action buttons.
- Create content boxes.
- Create pricing tables.
- Creating guarantee boxes.
- Create testimonial content areas.
- Add icons to your content.
- Create timers and countdowns
- Create html tables
- Add click to tweet boxes.
- Add fully responsive videos with one click.
- Add table of contents
- Add email and lead capture forms
- Add star ratings for reviews
- Create Conversion Optimized Landing pages in one click.
- Much more.
Are There Any Upsells or Hidden Fees?
Thrive Themes does provide various options depending on your needs.
If you only plan to use the thrive content builder on ONE site you can purchase it for a ONE TIME FEE of $67. This gives you unlimited support and updates for 1 year.
If you would like to use the content builder on ALL personal sites you own you can upgrade to the unlimited sites content builder option for a ONE TIME FEE of $97. You still get unlimited support and updates for a year.
There is also a non agency option that gives you access to all the Thrive Themes plugins and WordPress premium themes for $288 per year or $75 every 3 months. This can be used on all sites you personally own and not those of clients you may have. Trust me, once you’ve purchased one thrive theme product you’ll want them all for your business and blogging needs. So this may be the best option long term.
If you do have clients, there is an agency license option for $49 per month that must be paid up front for the all year. So the total cost is $588. This provides you the ability to use this plugin on all your sites and those of clients you may have. The benefit of this option is that you get access to all the other thrive theme products such as their plugins and themes.
- You can’t edit existing post or pages that were built using the WordPress default visual editor. It only works for new posts or pages. However you can just copy and paste your old post content into the content builder editor as a workaround though.
- It doesn’t auto save your work. So you should save regularly. But it does warn you should save every 10 minutes so you won’t forget.
- There is no monthly payment option if you decide to take advantage of the thrive theme membership. This membership gives you all there other plugins and themes that thrive has created and will create. However you can pay for it quarterly which is pretty reasonably priced considering all the thrive theme products you have access to.
- There is no trial version but there is a 30 day money back guarantee.
- This plugin is fast and doesn’t slow down your site.
- It’s intuitive and easy to use. So there isn’t a huge learning curve.
- Works with most existing themes so you don’t need to change your theme.
- They have awesome support that is always there to help.
- Frequent updates are made to improve the plugin and fix any bugs.
- Allows you to create beautiful pages and posts easily.
- Eliminates the need for multiple plugins since many features are built into this one plugin.
- You don’t need to understand coding to use or adjust your content.
- Experienced users do have access to the html elements for more control.
- There is a 30 day money back guarantee.
Should You Buy Thrive Content Builder?
If you’re not satisfied with default WordPress visual editor, then yes you should buy Thrive Content Builder! It is a true drag and drop webpage builder that gives you more flexibility and options to create pages that look exactly the way you want. You don’t need to fiddle around with a lot of code to achieve the look you want in a page or posts. So it’s newbie friendly. But they also provide you access to code for those who want even greater control.
This WordPress premium drag and drop website page builder plugin will help you make your content look beautiful. Or feel free to use it to create landing pages that will help increase your conversions. Either way it’s definitely made my life much easier as a professional blogger. I couldn’t imagine starting a blog without having this plugin installed. If you’re looking for any thrive content builder coupons or discounts you may want to visit Ebates.com. However in most cases Thrive Themes doesn’t offer them out on the web. But you may want to consider investing the Thrive Theme monthly or yearly membership. This way you can have access to this and all the thrive themes products which actually saves you money in the long run.
Well that’s enough from me. Let me know what you think of this plugin. If you have any questions feel free to post them below. Thanks for reading!
Eddy with a y