Let's face it, getting people to visit your blog is a pain in the ass. But keeping them coming back is even more of challenge. You're basically competing against all the other distractions in people's lives. So even if you have awesome content, chances are your visitors will forget about you. Don't take it personal. The best way to keep your visitors coming back is with email marketing and ConvertKit makes this easier than the likes of Aweber, Mailchimp, etc. Discover how in this convert kit review.
What Is ConvertKit?
ConvertKit located at ConvertKit.com was founded in 2013 by Nathan Barry, and David Wheeler. It’s a software company that provides web based email marketing services for bloggers and businesses.
How Does ConverKit Work?
Check out the following quick ConvertKit tutorial and walk-through.
Obviously ConvertKit can help you collect subscribers and send emails. But what else do they offer? I’m glad you asked. I’ve compiled a list below.
You can setup automation rules that are triggered by links your subscribers click or the forms they fill out. You can be very creative with this.
You have a lot of options when it comes to email capture forms. All their forms are mobile, responsive and fully customizable. You can create Pop up Modals, Sliders, in content forms, etc.
- Landing Pages
Most of the competition provides you basic email forms, but not many offer landing pages. You usually need to pay for a separate service or tool to do this. However, with ConvertKit you can create landing pages hosted on their server or hosted on your WordPress blog using their plugin. There is no additional cost for this service.
This is basically ConvertKit’s version of an auto responder. You can set it up so when someone subscribers to your list, they will automatically receive a series of emails that you have already created. You can control the time and dates they are sent. It’s a great way to share some of your best posts with your audience. It’s also a way to help your sales since you can have promotions sent automatically to anyone that signs up for your list.
Sometimes you just want to send one email to all your subscribers at the same time. Fortunately, with ConvertKit, you can do that with broadcasts. The broadcasts can be sent immediately or scheduled for a later date. Either way you have total control.
Although ConvertKit is still the new kid on the block they do integrate with a lot of the major players. They include the following:
- Easy Digital Downloads
- Thrive Leads
- OptimizePress (direct integration in development)
- Bounce Exchange
- Genesis eNews Extended
- Bloom (in process)
- Landing Lion
Membership + Courses Sites
- Zippy Courses
- Wishlist Member
- Member Mouse
- Paid Memberships Pro
- Lifter LMS
- New Kajabi
- Restricted Content Pro
- Digital Access Pass (DAP)
- Webinar Jam
- Webinar Ninja
Surveys + Forms
- Gravity Forms
- Acuity Scheduling
Additional features worth noting are:
- Subscriber Segmentation
- Email scheduling
- Drag and drop to reorder emails
How Much Does ConvertKit Cost?
ConvertKit.com offers a pretty unique and fair pricing model. You can send unlimited number of emails to a list of 1000 starting at $29 per month. The monthly price will vary depending on the size of your list. As I mentioned above you’re never charged multiple times for an email that you have on multiple list. Whereas services like aweber will jerk you in this way. You end up paying way more with their pricing model.
So you usually end up saving money with ConvertKit.com.
- No FREE trial but they do have a 30 day money back guarantee or you can request a demo.
- Reporting isn’t as a robust. They also need to centralize reporting in one area instead of the multiple places it’s currently buried.
- Integration with other tools isn’t as a extensive as the big boys. But it’s getting there. They have about 35 right now and it’s with some of the bigger players.
- They have a limited amount of email template options available out of the box. But you can create your own or edit the ones they do have.
- There is no split testing function for subject lines or sequences.
- It’s very easy to use and understand.
- Customer support is very responsive.
- Training and documentation are robust.
- Concierge service will transfer your existing lists if you have over 10,000 subscribers.
- You can request a demo and their customer service will walk you through one before you sign up.
- Unlike other services ConvertKit will only charge you ONCE for a subscriber even if they’re on multiple lists you own.
- You can send unlimited emails regardless of your plan.
Should You Buy ConvertKit?
If you’re new to email marketing then I would highly recommend ConvertKit because it is so user friendly. But even if you are more experienced, I would still recommend ConvertKit because it has powerful features like marketing automation. Too often the other services out there are over priced or require a PHD to use their platform. ConvertKit strikes a perfect balance of simplicity and functionality.
Because it is a new company there are still areas where they can grow. But once they do, I feel bad for the competition. Because many will jump ship as I did to use ConvertKit as their email marketing tool of choice.
Well that’s enough YAPPING from me. I would love to hear your thoughts about ConvertKit.com. If you have any comments or questions feel free to post them below. Thanks for reading!
Eddy with a y